Assiniboine Park movies are back!
After a long, long year when even outdoor events seemed like a distant memory, and after we couldn’t really enjoy the Assiniboine Park outdoor events last summer, the time has come to hit the park again.
The summer entertainment series is back to the Assiniboine Park, and one of the nicest events that they’re having is the Friday movie night.
Every Friday evening of August, the Lyric Theatre at the Assiniboine Park will be host a double feature screening.
Although all movies will be family friendly, the earlier feature (which starts on 6:30 PM) will be favoured by the younger children.
The later screening will start on 8:45 PM and will feature movies of the all audiences.
Although we can go back out and gather, some COVID-19 restrictions and measure should be followed through all events at the park:
- All guests age 12+ must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of vaccination (physical card or digital QR code) is required for entry.
- Children under the age of 12 may attend when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- Capacity will be managed and limited.
- All events at the Lyric Theatre will take place within a large fenced area with two controlled points of entry.
- Bubbles will be marked in the grass to encourage physical distancing.
- Masks are required indoors, including at washroom facilities and the Pavilion art galleries and recommended outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
And here are the scheduled features:
Friday, August 6:
- 6:30 PM – The Lion King (the 1994 animated film)
- 8:45 PM – Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Friday, August 13:
- 6:30 PM – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- 8:45 PM – Iron Man
Friday, August 20 (canceled due to weather):
- 6:30 PM – Zootopia
- 8:45 PM – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
Friday, August 27:
- 6:30 PM – Onwards
- 8:45 PM – Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX)
Summers at the Assiniboine Park are always a great free activity in Winnipeg, and we are so happy that we can finally go back there and enjoy those events.